Below is a list of road construction projects and events expected to have an impact on traffic flow next week in Kingston:
See the entire 2015-18 infrastructure program at CityofKingston.ca/construction.
Follow @CityofKingston for weather response updates.
Kingston Transit riders: find the up-to-date list of all detours/service alerts at CityofKingston.ca/busdetours.
Ministry of Transportation
* Highway 33 from Collins Bay Road to Coronation Boulevard expect periodic delays and lane closures between 7 a.m. and 7 p.m. until November to accommodate construction. Please watch for and follow on-site personnel as they direct traffic.
* Highway 15 at Highway 401 – expect alternating week-night closures of the eastbound and westbound on and off ramps and east and west right-lane closures on Highway 401 near the Cataraqui River bridge 7 p.m. to 6 a.m. from Sept. 21 to 28.
* Sydenham Road at Highway 401 – expect eastbound right and left-lane closures and the eastbound off-ramp to be closed 7 p.m. to 6 a.m. week nights from Sept. 21 to 28.
Construction Road Closures
Article continues after ad
* Division Street will be closed from Brock to Princess until late September. The intersection of Princess and Division will remain open.
* Division Street will be closed from Princess to Queen until late November. The intersection of Division and Queen will also be closed. Follow detour signage.
* The intersection of Division and Colborne streets will be closed until late November. Follow detour signage.
Expect delays this week on:
* King St. West eastbound between McDonald and Mowat due to lane reductions as Utilities Kingston completes asphalt work after completing gas main replacement.
* King St. East from Barrie to West until November as crews for Utilities Kingston replace an end-of-life watermain.
* Princess Street at Hillendale due to lane reductions as Utilities Kingston replaces an end-of-life gas main.
* Bath Road from Coverdale Drive to Collins Bay Road until late September to accommodate construction of a bikeway and multi-use waterfront path. One lane of traffic will be maintained in each direction.
* Bath Road at the intersection of Collins Bay Road until late September.
* Sydenham Road from Arnold to the new Cataraqui Woods Drive extension until late September while crews install storm sewers.
* Highway 38 at Unity until early November.
Sidewalk and Pathway Disruptions
Pedestrians may be required to detour through construction or work zones in these areas:
* Princess Street from Barrie to Division.
* Division Street from Brock to Colborne.
* Sydenham Road from Arnold to the new Cataraqui Woods Drive extension.
Motorists and cyclists can keep up with where/when repair work is taking place by: