Below is a list of road construction projects and events expected to have an impact on traffic flow next week in Kingston:
See the entire 2015-18 infrastructure program at CityofKingston.ca/construction.
Follow @CityofKingston for weather response updates.
Kingston Transit riders: find the up-to-date list of all detours/service alerts at CityofKingston.ca/busdetours.
Ministry of Transportation
* Expect periodic delays and lane closures along Highway 33 from Collins Bay Road to Coronation Boulevard between 7 a.m. and 7 p.m. until Nov. 2018 to accommodate construction. Please watch for and follow on-site personnel as they direct traffic.
* Until Sept. 7: Highway 15 at Highway 401 – expect alternating nightly closures of the eastbound off-ramp and westbound on-ramp 7 p.m. to 5 a.m.
* Until Sept. 7: Sydenham Road at Highway 401 – expect the eastbound off-ramp to be closed 7 p.m. to 5 a.m.
Construction Road Closures
* Division Street will be closed from Brock to Princess until early September. The intersection of Princess and Division will remain open.
* Division Street will be closed from Princess to Queen until late November. The intersection of Division and Queen will also be closed. Follow detour signage.
* Expect delays in the area of King St. West in Portsmouth Village until the end of August for Utilities Kingston’s annual gas main replacement project. Motorists and pedestrians should expect the following:
+ Eastbound lane reductions on King St. West between McDonald and Mowat
+ Westbound lane closure on King St. West between Church and Mowat. Detour in place on Union Street West.
+ No left turn from King at Mowat onto Union.
+ The north sidewalk on King Street will be closed between Church and Mowat. The south sidewalk will be closed from McDonald to Mowat.
Event Road Closures
Article continues after ad
* King Street may close from Clarence to Brock from 7 to 11:59 p.m. on Sept. 6 if more room is needed to accommodate Movies in the Square viewers.
Queen’s University Event Closures
* University Avenue will be closed from Union to Stuart 8 to 9 a.m. on Monday, Sept. 3 for Queen’s Arts and Science “Frosh Parade” and from 4 to 7 p.m. on Wednesday, Sept. 5 for the annual Queen’s Undergraduate Society Resource Fair (Sidewalk Sale).
* Arch Street will be closed from Union to Stuart from 7:30 to 11:30 p.m. on Saturday, Sept. 8 for the Arts and Science Orientation Week Semi-Formal.
* Cummins Road will be closed from Wilton to the end of the road from 6 a.m. to 4 p.m. for a Queen’s Engineering Society event.
Expect delays on:
* Bath Road from Coverdale Drive to Collins Bay Road until early September. This section of Bath Road will be down to one eastbound lane until late September to accommodate construction of a bikeway and multi-use waterfront path.
* Bath Road at the intersection of Collins Bay Road until late September.
* Bayridge Drive from Princess to Cedarwood until early September to allow for construction of a new sidewalk.
* Gardiners Road southbound from Cataraqui Centre to Taylor Kidd from 7 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. on Sept. 5 and 6 due to a lane closure.
* Sydenham Road from Arnold to the new Cataraqui Woods Drive extension until late September while crews install storm sewers.
* Highway 38 and Unity from the beginning of September until early November.
Sidewalk and Pathway Disruptions
Pedestrians may be required to detour through construction or work zones in these areas:
* Princess Street from Barrie to Division.
* Division Street from Brock to Colborne.
* The north sidewalk on King Street will be closed between Church and Mowat. The south sidewalk will be closed from McDonald to Mowat.
* Sydenham Road from Arnold to the new Cataraqui Woods Drive extension.
Motorists and cyclists can keep up with where/when repair work is taking place by: