Below is a list of road construction projects and events expected to have an impact on traffic flow next week in Kingston:
See the entire 2015-18 infrastructure program at CityofKingston.ca/construction.
Follow @CityofKingston for weather response updates.
Kingston Transit riders: find the up-to-date list of all detours/service alerts at CityofKingston.ca/busdetours.
Ministry of Transportation
* Expect periodic delays and lane closures along Highway 33 from Collins Bay Road to Coronation Boulevard between 7 a.m. and 7 p.m. until Nov. 2018 to accommodate construction. Please watch for and follow on-site personnel as they direct traffic.
* Highway 15 at Highway 401 – expect alternating nightly closures of the eastbound off-ramp and westbound on-ramp 7 p.m. to 5 a.m. Aug.10.
* Sydenham Road at Highway 401 – expect the eastbound off-ramp to be closed 7 p.m. to 5 a.m. Aug.10.
Construction Road Closures
* Division Street will be closed from Brock to Queen until early September. The intersection of Princess and Division will remain open.
* Division Street will be closed from Princess to Queen beginning 7 a.m. Monday, Aug. 13 until late November. The intersection of Division and Queen will be closed. Follow detour signage.
* Expect delays in the area of King St. West in Portsmouth Village until the end of August for Utilities Kingston’s annual gas main replacement project. Motorists and pedestrians should expect the following:
- Eastbound lane reductions on King St. West between McDonald and Mowat
- Westbound lane closure on King St. West between Church and Mowat. Detour in place on Union Street West.
- No left turn from King at Mowat onto Union.
- The north sidewalk on King Street will be closed between Church and Mowat. The south sidewalk will be closed from McDonald to Mowat.
Event Road Closures
* Ontario Street/West Street will be closed from King to Lower Union from 1 to 7 p.m. on Friday, Aug. 17 for the launching of the Poker Run boats.
* Ontario Street will be closed from Brock to Johnson from 10 a.m. on Friday, Aug. 17 to 12 p.m. on Sunday, Aug. 19 for the Poker Run event.
* Sydenham Street will be closed from Princess to halfway to Queen from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. every Saturday until Sept. 1 for Sounds of Sydenham and other DowntownKingston! programming.
Article continues after ad
Expect delays on:
* Bath Road from Coverdale Drive to Collins Bay Road. This section of Bath Road will be down to one eastbound lane starting through September to accommodate construction of a bikeway and multi-use waterfront path.
* Bath Road at the intersection of Collins Bay Road until Friday, Sept. 21.
* Gardiners Road southbound near the Cataraqui Centre due to closure of a single lane 7 a.m. to 3:30 a.m. from Tuesday, Aug. 14 to Friday, Aug. 17.
* Bayridge Drive from Princess to Cedarwood until early September to allow for construction of a new sidewalk.
* Sydenham Road from Arnold to the new Cataraqui Woods Drive extension until late September while crews install storm sewers.
* John Counter Boulevard from Sir John A. Macdonald to Portsmouth until mid-August while crews finalize the road works.
* Gretna Green, Mohawk Place, Champlain Avenue, Algonquin Terrace, Indian Road, Stormont Avenue and McMichael Street (north of Glengarry) as Utilities Kingston begins its annual water main relining program. All local roads will remain open with some minor detours as required.
Road Work Ahead
The City will be working to improve the following road sections from late July to late September:
* Sunnyside Road from Sydenham Road to McIvor Road.
* Unity Road from Battersea Road easterly for 250m.
* The intersection of Glenview Avenue and Fay Street.
The timing for work on these roads is dependent on weather and includes:
* Full-depth reclamation of the existing road surface
* Grade improvements
* Drainage improvements
* Paving the road surface
A gravel road surface will be maintained throughout construction. Travellers can expect delays as the road will be reduced to one-lane required.
Sidewalk and Pathway Disruptions
* Pedestrians may be required to detour through construction or work zones in these areas:
* Princess Street from Barrie to Division.
* Division Street from Brock to Colborne.
* The north sidewalk on King Street will be closed between Church and Mowat. The south sidewalk will be closed from McDonald to Mowat.
* Sydenham Road from Arnold to the new Cataraqui Woods Drive extension.
Motorists and cyclists can keep up with where/when repair work is taking place by: