Below is a list of road construction projects and events expected to have an impact on traffic flow next week in Kingston:
See the entire 2015-18 infrastructure program at CityofKingston.ca/construction.
Follow @CityofKingston for weather response updates.
Kingston Transit riders: find the up-to-date list of all detours/service alerts at CityofKingston.ca/busdetours.
LA SALLE CAUSEWAY – NIGHTLY CLOSURES JULY 6-8
The La Salle Causeway will be open overnight tonight (June 29-30) but will close nightly from 12 a.m. to 6 a.m. on July 6 to 8 to allow Public Services and Procurement Canada to make repairs to the bridge. Pedestrians and cyclists will have access to the sidewalk, however, a waiting period of up to 30 minutes could be put in place.
Questions regarding this bridge closure? Email Here.
PARKS CANADA CLOSURE – WASHBURN ROAD
Washburn Road remains closed at Lower Brewers Mills swing bridge to allow Parks Canada to make urgent repairs. For more information about the Rideau Canal, visit parkscanada.gc.ca/rideau.
MINISTRY OF TRANSPORTATION
– Expect periodic delays and lane closures along Highway 33 from Collins Bay Road to Coronation Boulevard between 7 a.m. and 7 p.m. until Nov. 2018 to accommodate construction. Please watch for and follow on-site personnel as they direct traffic.
– Highway 15 at Highway 401 – 7 p.m. to 5 a.m. July 3-6 expect alternating nightly closures of eastbound off-ramp and the westbound on-ramp, east bound on-ramp and the westbound-off ramp
– Sydenham Road at Highway 401 – 7 p.m. to 5 a.m. July 3-6 the eastbound off-ramp will be closed.
CONSTRUCTION ROAD CLOSURES
– The intersection of Princess and Division streets will be closed until Sunday, July 1 while crews install new mains and electrical infrastructure.
– Princess Street is closed for reconstruction from Barrie to Division. The intersection of Barrie and Princess is also closed. Access the Metro parking lot from Brock Street. Princess Street reopens to vehicular traffic on July 1.
– Barrie Street is closed for reconstruction between Brock and Queen until late June. Access the Metro parking lot from Brock Street.
– Division Street will be closed from Brock to Queen until early September. The intersection of Princess and Division will remain open after July 1.
– Nelson Street will be closed from Princess to the end of the work site 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Wednesday, July 4 to accommodate a concrete pump truck.
– Utilities Kingston begins its annual gas main replacement project on July 3, with an expected duration of six weeks. This project will significantly impact traffic in the area of King St. West in Portsmouth Village. During the week of July 3, motorists and pedestrians should expect the following:
Article continues after ad
o Eastbound lane reductions on King St. West, between McDonald and Mowat.
o Westbound lane closure on King St. West, between Church and Mowat. Detour in place on Union Street West.
o No left turn from King at Mowat onto Union.
o The north sidewalk on King Street will be closed between Church and Mowat. The south sidewalk will be closed from McDonald to Mowat.
EVENT ROAD CLOSURES
– Sydenham Street will be closed from Princess to halfway to Queen from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. every Saturday until Sept. 1 for Sounds of Sydenham and other DowntownKingston! programming.
– Market Street will be closed from Ontario to King from 8 a.m. Friday, June 29 to 1 a.m. Saturday, June 30 for Rockin’ the Square. Please note that King Street may be closed from Clarence to Brock from 6 to 10:30 p.m. June 29 to accommodate overflow if required.
– Clarence Street will be closed from Wellington to King on Sunday, July 1 from 6 a.m. to 11 a.m. for the Limestone Mile Race.
– Ontario Street will be closed from Clarence to Brock and Market Street will be closed from Ontario to King from 7 a.m. to 11:30 p.m. on July 1 for Canada Day celebrations.
– King Street is closed from The Tragically Hip Way to Place d’Armes from 12:01 a.m. on Monday, July 2 to 11:59 p.m. on Sunday, July 8 for Cirque du Soleil.
BUSKERS RENDEZVOUS CLOSURES – July 5 to 8
– Ontario Street is closed from Brock to Clarence and from Clarence to Johnson –Thursday July 5 to Friday, July 6 from 5:30–11 p.m.; on Saturday, July 7 from 2:30–11 p.m.; and on Sunday, July 8 from 11 a.m. to 9 p.m.
– Princess Street is closed from Bagot to Wellington Thursday, July 5 to Saturday, July 7, 2018 from 12:45–3:30 p.m. each day.
– Market Street from Ontario to King Thursday, July 5 to Sunday, July 8 from 10 a.m. to 11 p.m. each day.
– Sydenham Street is closed from Princess halfway to Queen Thursday, July 5 to Saturday, July 7 from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. each day.
– Princess Street is closed from Division to Barrie – Saturday July 7 from 8–11:30 p.m.
CONSTRUCTION ROAD DELAYS
Expect delays on:
– Taylor Kidd Boulevard from Bayridge to Old Colony due to eastbound lane closures to allow for new watermain construction by Utilities Kingston.
– Sydenham Road from Arnold to the new Cataraqui Woods Drive extension until late July while crews install storm sewers.
– John Counter Boulevard from Sir John A. Macdonald to Portsmouth until early July while crews finalize the road works.
SIDEWALK AND PATHWAY DISRUPTIONS
Pedestrians may be required to detour through construction or work zones in these areas:
– Princess Street from Barrie to Division.
– Barrie Street from Queen to Brock.
– The north sidewalk on King Street will be closed between Church and Mowat. The south sidewalk will be closed from McDonald to Mowat.
– Sydenham Road from Arnold to the new Cataraqui Woods Drive extension.
– King Street sidewalks will be closed from The Tragically Hip Way to Place d’Armes from 12:01 a.m. on Monday, July 2 to 11:59 p.m. on Sunday, July 8 for Cirque du Soleil.
Motorists and cyclists can keep up with where/when repair work is taking place by: