Below is a list of road construction projects and events expected to have an impact on traffic flow next week in Kingston:
See the entire 2015-18 infrastructure program at CityofKingston.ca/construction.
Kingston Transit riders: find the up-to-date list of all detours/service alerts at CityofKingston.ca/busdetours.
– St. Lawrence College Transfer Point bus loop is closed to allow crews to repave the roadway and improve the bus waiting area. Routes 1,2,3, 6 and 18 are affected. See CityofKingston.ca/busdetours for details.
LA SALLE CAUSEWAY – NIGHTLY CLOSURES
The La Salle Causeway will close nightly from 12 a.m. to 6 a.m. from June 25 to June 29 to allow Public Services and Procurement Canada to make repairs to the bridge. Pedestrians and cyclists will have access to the sidewalk, however, a waiting period of up to 30 minutes could be put in place.
Questions regarding this bridge closure? Email Here.
PARKS CANADA CLOSURE – WASHBURN ROAD
Washburn Road remains closed at Lower Brewers Mills swing bridge to allow Parks Canada to make urgent repairs. For more information about the Rideau Canal, visit parkscanada.gc.ca/rideau.
MINISTRY OF TRANSPORTATION
– Expect periodic delays and lane closures along Highway 33 from Collins Bay Road to Coronation Boulevard between 7 a.m. and 7 p.m. until Nov. 2018 to accommodate construction. Please watch for and follow on-site personnel as they direct traffic.
Article continues after ad
CONSTRUCTION ROAD CLOSURES
– The intersection of Princess and Division streets will be closed until Sunday, July 1 while crews install new mains and electrical infrastructure.
– Princess Street is closed for reconstruction from Barrie to Division. The intersection of Barrie and Princess is also closed. Access the Metro parking lot from Brock Street. Princess Street will reopen to vehicular traffic on July 1.
– Barrie Street is closed for reconstruction between Brock and Queen until late June. Access the Metro parking lot from Brock Street.
CONSTRUCTION ROAD DELAYS
Expect delays on:
– Taylor Kidd Boulevard from Bayridge to Old Colony due to eastbound lane closures to allow for new watermain construction by Utilities Kingston.
– Sydenham Road from Arnold to the new Cataraqui Woods Drive extension until late July while crews install storm sewers.
– John Counter Boulevard from Sir John A. Macdonald to Portsmouth until early July while crews finalize the road works.
SIDEWALK AND PATHWAY DISRUPTIONS
Pedestrians may be required to detour through construction or work zones in these areas:
– The pedestrian pathway from Ridley Drive to Lions Civic Gardens, Isabel Turner Public Library and the Cataraqui Centre is closed until June 29 to accommodate work to install pathway lighting. Alternate pedestrian routes include Sutton Mills Court and Braeside Crescent.
– Princess Street from Barrie to Division.
– Barrie Street from Queen to Brock.
– Sydenham Road from Arnold to the new Cataraqui Woods Drive extension.
Motorists and cyclists can keep up with where/when repair work is taking place by: