Below is a list of road construction projects and events expected to have an impact on traffic flow next week in Kingston:
See the entire 2015-18 infrastructure program at CityofKingston.ca/construction.
Kingston Transit riders: find the up-to-date list of all detours/service alerts at CityofKingston.ca/busdetours.
– St. Lawrence College Transfer Point bus loop will close starting Monday, May 28 to allow crews to repave the roadway and improve the bus waiting area. Routes 1,2,3, 6 and 18 will be affected. See <http://www.CityofKingston.ca/BusDetours> for details.
Follow @CityofKingston for weather response updates.
MINISTRY OF TRANSPORTATION
– Expect periodic delays and lane closures along Highway 33 from Collins Bay Road to Coronation Boulevard between 7 a.m. and 7 p.m. until Nov. 2018 to accommodate construction. Please watch for and follow on-site personnel as they direct traffic.
CONSTRUCTION ROAD CLOSURES
– The intersection of Princess and Division streets will be closed from Monday, May 28 to Sunday, July 1 while crews install new mains and electrical infrastructure.
– Princess Street is closed for reconstruction from Clergy to Division. The intersection of Barrie and Princess is also closed. Access the Metro parking lot from Brock Street. Princess Street will reopen to vehicular traffic on July 1.
– Barrie Street is closed for reconstruction between Johnson and Queen. Access the Metro parking lot from Brock Street.
– Ontario Street will be closed from Brock to Market from 12:01 a.m. to 3 a.m. on Wednesday, May 30 for painting of the crosswalk.
– Kensington Avenue will be closed from Union to Edgehill 7 a.m. to 3 p.m. on May 28 and 29 to accommodate gas service work by Utilities Kingston.
– Lorne Street will be closed at Seventh Avenue and Welsh Street from 7 a.m. to 3 p.m. on May 30 and 31 to accommodate gas service work by Utilities Kingston.
EVENT ROAD CLOSURES
– King Street will be closed from The Tragically Hip Way to Place d’Armes from 12:01 p.m. on Saturday, May 26 to 11:59 p.m. to Sunday, May 27 for the Dirty Dancing Show.
– Clergy Street will be closed from Barrie to Earl 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Saturday, June 2 for the Boys & Girls Club’s Sydenham Public School Fun Fair.
CONSTRUCTION ROAD DELAYS
Expect delays on:
– King Street between Barrie and West as crews for Utilities Kingston prepare to replace a watermain.
– Taylor Kidd Boulevard from Bayridge to Old Colony due to eastbound lane closures until early June to allow for new watermain construction by Utilities Kingston.
– Sydenham Road from Arnold to the new Cataraqui Woods Drive extension until late July while crews install storm sewers.
– Front Road between INVISTA’s east entrance and Trailhead Place until early June to allow crews to finalize bridge work.
– John Counter Boulevard from Sir John A. Macdonald to Portsmouth until early July while crews finalize the road works.
SIDEWALK AND PATHWAY DISRUPTIONS
Pedestrians may be required to detour through construction or work zones in these areas:
– The pedestrian pathway from Ridley Drive to Lions Civic Gardens, Isabel Turner Public Library and the Cataraqui Centre is closed until June 29 to accommodate work to install pathway lighting. Alternate pedestrian routes include Sutton Mills Court and Braeside Crescent.
– Princess Street from Clergy to Division.
– Barrie Street from Queen to Brock.
– Sydenham Road from Arnold to the new Cataraqui Woods Drive extension.
Motorists and cyclists can keep up with where/when repair work is taking place by:
- Following @CityofKingston on Twitter for daily updates.
- Signing up for Breaking News at CityofKingston.ca/news to receive Friday Traffic Reports mentioning more major repairs.