Below is a list of road construction projects and events expected to have an impact on traffic flow next week in Kingston:
See the entire 2015-18 infrastructure program at CityofKingston.ca/construction.
Kingston Transit riders: find the up-to-date list of all detours/service alerts at CityofKingston.ca/busdetours.
MINISTRY OF TRANSPORTATION
– Expect periodic delays and lane closures along Highway 33 from Collins Bay Road to Coronation Boulevard between 7 a.m. and 7 p.m. until Nov. 2018 to accommodate construction. Please watch for and follow on-site personnel as they direct traffic.
OTHER CONSTRUCTION ROAD CLOSURES
– Princess Street is closed for reconstruction from Clergy to Division. The intersection of Barrie and Princess is also closed. Access the Metro parking lot from Brock Street. Princess Street will reopen to vehicular traffic on July 1.
– Barrie Street is closed for reconstruction between Johnson and Queen. Access the Metro parking lot from Brock Street.
– George Street is closed from Stuart to O’Kill from 7 a.m. Tuesday, May 15 to 5 p.m. Wednesday, May 16 to allow for the hoisting of mechanical equipment in Botterell Hall.
Article continues after ad
– The Tragically Hip Way will be closed from King to Ontario on Saturday, May 12 from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. for the Queen’s University Community Outreach Centre-Kingston Police Canine Unit, Makerspace Mobile Unit.
– King Street will be closed from The Tragically Hip Way to Place d’Armes from 12:01 a.m. on Friday, May 11 to 11:59 p.m. on Saturday, May 12 for the Science Rendezvous.
CONSTRUCTION ROAD DELAYS
Expect delays on:
– Taylor Kidd Boulevard from Bayridge to Old Colony due to eastbound lane closures until early June to allow for new watermain construction by Utilities Kingston.
– Sydenham Road from Arnold to the new Cataraqui Woods Drive extension until late May while crews install storm sewers.
– Front Road between INVISTA’s east entrance and Trailhead Place until the end of May to allow crews to finalize bridge work.
– John Counter Boulevard from Sir John A. Macdonald to Portsmouth until early July while crews finalize the road works.
Pedestrians may be required to detour through construction zones in these areas:
– Princess Street from Clergy to Division.
– Barrie Street from Queen to Brock.
– Sydenham Road from Arnold to the new Cataraqui Woods Drive extension.
Motorists and cyclists can keep up with where/when repair work is taking place by: