Below is a list of road construction projects and events expected to have an impact on traffic flow next week in Kingston:
See the entire 2015-18 infrastructure program at CityofKingston.ca/construction.
Kingston Transit riders: find the up-to-date list of all detours/service alerts at CityofKingston.ca/busdetours.
MINISTRY OF TRANSPORTATION
– Expect periodic delays and lane closures along Highway 33 from Collins Bay Road to Coronation Boulevard between 7 a.m. and 7 p.m. until Nov. 2018 to accommodate construction. Please watch for and follow on-site personnel as they direct traffic.
– Highway 15 at Highway 401 will have alternating nightly closures of the eastbound off ramp and westbound on ramp from 7 p.m. to 5 a.m. May 7 to 11.
For updates on Highway 401 construction visit the Ministry of Transportation’s website at roadinfo.mto.gov.on.ca or call 5-1-1.
OTHER CONSTRUCTION ROAD CLOSURES
Article continues after ad
– Princess Street is closed for reconstruction from Clergy to Division. The intersection of Barrie and Princess is also closed. Access the Metro parking lot from Brock Street.
– Barrie Street is closed for reconstruction between Johnson and Queen. Access the Metro parking lot from Brock Street.
– Ontario Street will be closed from William to Lower Union 10:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. on Sunday, May 6 for the Annual Battle of Atlantic Parade & Memorial Service.
CONSTRUCTION ROAD DELAYS
Expect delays on:
– Sydenham Road from Arnold to the new Cataraqui Woods Drive extension until late May while crews install storm sewers.
– Front Road between INVISTA’s east entrance and Trailhead Place until the end of May to allow crews to finalize bridge work.
Pedestrians may be required to detour through construction zones in these areas:
– Princess Street from Clergy to Division.
– Barrie Street from Queen to Brock.
– Sydenham Road from Arnold to the new Cataraqui Woods Drive extension.
Motorists and cyclists can keep up with where/when repair work is taking place by: