Below is a list of road construction projects and events expected to have an impact on traffic flow next week in Kingston:
See the entire 2015-18 infrastructure program at CityofKingston.ca/construction.
Kingston Transit riders: find the up-to-date list of all detours/service alerts at CityofKingston.ca/busdetours.
Load Restrictions in effect:
Until the end of April, heavy trucks/loads are restricted on City roads, where posted, each spring to reduce damage.
Ministry of Transportation
Highway 15 at Highway 401 – April 30 to May 4 from 7 p. m. to 5 a. m. there will be alternating nightly closures of eastbound off-ramp and the westbound on-ramp.
For updates on Highway 401 construction visit the Ministry of Transportation’s website at roadinfo.mto.gov.on.ca or call 5-1-1.
Parks Canada Closure
Kingston Mills Bridge:
Parks Canada advises that the Kingston Mills swing bridge will be closed 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. on May 2 and 3 to complete routine maintenance. For more information, call Parks Canada’s Ontario Waterways Unit at 613-283-5170 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Other Construction Road Closures
Article continues after ad
- John Counter Boulevard will close at the railway crossing 7 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturday, April 28 to accommodate repairs to the tracks. Motorists, cyclists and pedestrians can access the train station from Princess Street. See Kingston Transit’s service alerts page for route detours: www.CityofKingston.ca/BusDetours.
- Princess Street is closed for reconstruction from Clergy to Division. The intersection of Barrie and Princess is also closed. Local traffic may access the Metro parking lot.
- Barrie Street is closed for reconstruction between Johnson and Queen. Local traffic may access the Metro parking lot.
- Charles Street will close from Bagot to Rideau on April 29 from 3 to 5 p.m. for the Kingston Gets Active Play Streets event.
- Ontario Street from Brock to Johnson on April 29 from 6:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. for the Road Runners event.
Construction Road Delays
Expect delays on:
- Sydenham Road from Arnold to the new Cataraqui Woods Drive extension until late May while crews install storm sewers.
- Front Road between INVISTA’s east entrance and Trailhead Place until the end of May to allow crews to finalize bridge work.
- Taylor Kidd Boulevard from Bayridge to Old Colony – expect eastbound lane closures until the end of April to allow for new watermain construction by Utilities Kingston.
- O’Kill Street will temporarily change from one-way eastbound traffic to one-way westbound traffic until Friday, April 27 to accommodate access to Kingston General Hospital on George Street.
Pedestrians may be required to detour through construction zones in these areas:
- Princess Street from Clergy to Division.
- Barrie Street from Queen to Brock.
- Sydenham Road from Arnold to the new Cataraqui Woods Drive extension.
Motorists and cyclists can keep up with where/when repair work is taking place by:
- Following @CityofKingston on Twitter for daily updates.
- Signing up for Breaking News at CityofKingston.ca/news to receive Friday Traffic Reports mentioning more major repairs.