Below is a list of road construction projects and events expected to have an impact on traffic flow next week in Kingston:
See the entire 2015-18 infrastructure program at CityofKingston.ca/construction.
Kingston Transit riders: find the up-to-date list of all detours/service alerts at CityofKingston.ca/busdetours.
LOAD RESTRICTIONS IN EFFECT:
Until the end of April, heavy trucks/loads are restricted on City roads, where posted, each spring to reduce damage.
MINISTRY OF TRANSPORTATION
For updates on Highway 401 construction visit the Ministry of Transportation’s website or call 5-1-1.
CONSTRUCTION ROAD CLOSURES
– Princess Street remains closed between Clergy and Barrie streets as the street is reconstructed. Princess Street will reopen to through traffic on July 1. Businesses remain open!
Barrie and Princess intersection is closed. Barrie Street north and south of the intersection remains open to local traffic and allows access to the Metro parking lot (Princess is now open to two-way traffic between Barrie and Division).
– Barrie Street is closed for reconstruction from Brock to Queen until May 11.
– Frontenac Street from Princess to Jenkins until Dec. 1 to accommodate excavation, foundation and forming work associated with 501 Frontenac St. The west sidewalk remains open to pedestrians.
– Aberdeen Street from Earl to William and Earl Street from Division to University from 7 a.m. to 12 p.m. on Sunday, April 8 for the Kids Inclusive Charitable Run/Walk.
– King Street will be closed from 7 p.m. on Tuesday, April 10 to 11:59 p.m. Wednesday, April 11 from The Tragically Hip Way to Place d’Armes for the Harlem Globetrotters event at the Rogers K-Rock Centre.
Article continues after ad
CONSTRUCTION ROAD DELAYS
Expect delays on:
– Sydenham Road from Arnold to the new Cataraqui Woods Drive extension until late May while crews install storm sewers.
– Front Road between Days Road and Sand Bay Lane will be reduced to one lane in both directions until the end of March to accommodate work by Utilities Kingston. Delays also continue on Front Road between INVISTA’s east entrance and Trailhead Place and both east and westbound traffic will shift to the south side of the bridge late next week until the end of May to allow crews to finalize bridge work.
– Taylor Kidd Boulevard from Bayridge to Old Colony – expect eastbound lane closures until the end of April to allow for new watermain construction by Utilities Kingston.
– O’Kill Street will temporarily change from one-way eastbound traffic to one-way westbound traffic until Friday, April 27 to accommodate access to Kingston General Hospital on George Street.
– Princess Street between Division to Barrie streets will allow two-way traffic to accommodate access to businesses while the
– Princess and Barrie intersection is closed.
– Pedestrians may be required to detour through construction zones in these areas:
– Princess Street from Clergy to Division.
– Barrie Street from Queen to Brock.
– Sydenham Road from Arnold to the new Cataraqui Woods Drive extension.
– Frontenac Street from Princess to Jenkins. The west sidewalk remains open.
Motorists and cyclists can keep up with where/when repair work is taking place by: