Below is a list of road construction projects and events expected to have an impact on traffic flow next week in Kingston:
See the entire 2015-18 infrastructure program at CityofKingston.ca/construction.
Kingston Transit riders: find the up-to-date list of all detours/service alerts at CityofKingston.ca/busdetours.
MINISTRY OF TRANSPORTATION
For updates on Highway 401 construction visit the Ministry of Transportation’s website or call 5-1-1.
Construction Road Closures
– Princess Street remains closed between Clergy and Barrie streets as the street is reconstructed from building-front-to-building-front. Construction will then move up Princess Street toward Division. Princess Street will reopen to through traffic on July 1. Businesses remain open.
– Barrie and Princess intersection will be closed starting Monday, March 12. Barrie Street north and south of the intersection will remain open to local traffic, including access to the Metro parking lot, at that time.
Construction Road Delays
Expect delays on:
– Sydenham Road from Arnold to the new Cataraqui Woods Drive extension until March 16 while crews install storm sewers.
– Front Road between Days Road and Sand Bay Lane will be reduced to one lane eastbound and motorists should expect delays until the end of March to accommodate Utilities Kingston site-servicing work. Delays will continue on Front Road between INVISTA’s east entrance and Trailhead Place until May to allow crews to finalize bridge work.
– Taylor Kidd Boulevard from Bayridge to Old Colony – expect eastbound lane closures until the end of May to allow for watermain construction by Utilities Kingston.
– O’Kill Street will temporarily change from one-way eastbound traffic to one-way westbound traffic from Monday, March 12 to Friday, April 27 to accommodate access to Kingston General Hospital on George Street.
– Princess Street between Division to Barrie streets will change to two-way traffic to accommodate access to businesses while the Princess and Barrie intersection is closed.
Pedestrians may be required to detour through construction zones in these areas:
– Princess Street from Clergy to Division.
– Barrie Street from Queen to Brock.
– Sydenham Road from Arnold to the new Cataraqui Woods Drive extension.
Motorists and cyclists can keep up with where/when repair work is taking place by: