Below is a list of road construction projects and events expected to have an impact on traffic flow next week in Kingston:
See the entire 2015-18 infrastructure program at CityofKingston.ca/construction.
Kingston Transit riders: find the up-to-date list of all detours/service alerts at CityofKingston.ca/busdetours.
LOAD RESTRICTIONS IN EFFECT:
Until the end of April, heavy trucks/loads are restricted on City roads, where posted, each spring to reduce damage.
MINISTRY OF TRANSPORTATION
For updates on Highway 401 construction visit the Ministry of Transportation’s website or call 5-1-1.
LA SALLE CAUSEWAY LANE RESTRICTIONS: 9 p.m. March 8 – 6 a.m. March 9
From 9 p.m. on Thursday, March 8 to 6 a.m. on Friday, March 9, Public Services and Procurement Canada will have lane reductions/restrictions on the La Salle Causeway for bridge washing. Vehicle traffic, including cyclists, will encounter a single lane closure with alternating traffic on the other lane directed by flag people. Pedestrians will be instructed by contractor personnel as to when it is safe to cross through the work area and may face short delays.
CONSTRUCTION ROAD CLOSURES
Article continues after ad
– Princess Street remains closed between Clergy and Barrie streets as the street is reconstructed from building-front-to-building-front. Construction will then move up Princess Street toward Division. Princess Street will reopen to through traffic on July 1. Businesses remain open.
– Front Road at Front Road Bridge from Saturday, March 3 until 6 a.m. Monday, March 5 to allow crews to remove temporary culverts.
– Nelson Street will be closed from Princess Street south to the end of the work site from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. on March 7 to accommodate a concrete pump truck and a mobile crane.
CONSTRUCTION ROAD DELAYS
Expect delays on:
– Sydenham Road from Arnold to the new Cataraqui Woods Drive extension until March 16 while crews install storm sewers.
– Front Road between Days Road and Sand Bay Lane will be reduced to one lane eastbound and motorists should expect delays until the end of March to accommodate Utilities Kingston site-servicing work. Delays will continue on Front Road between INVISTA’s east entrance and Trailhead Place until May to allow crews to finalize bridge work.
– Taylor Kidd Boulevard from Bayridge to Old Colony – expect eastbound lane closures until the end of May to allow for watermain construction by Utilities Kingston.
Pedestrians may be required to detour through construction zones in these areas:
– Princess Street from Clergy to Division.
– Barrie Street from Queen to Brock.
– Sydenham Road from Arnold to the new Cataraqui Woods Drive extension.
Motorists and cyclists can keep up with where/when repair work is taking place by: