Below is a list of road construction projects and events expected to have an impact on traffic flow next week in Kingston:
See the entire 2015-18 infrastructure program at CityofKingston.ca/construction.
Kingston Transit riders: find the up-to-date list of all detours/service alerts at CityofKingston.ca/busdetours.
MINISTRY OF TRANSPORTATION
For updates on Highway 401 construction visit the Ministry of Transportation’s website or call 5-1-1.
CONSTRUCTION ROAD CLOSURES
– Princess Street remains closed between Clergy and Barrie streets as the street is reconstructed from building-front-to-building-front. Intersections remain open. Construction will then move up Princess Street toward Division. Princess Street will reopen to through traffic on July 1. Businesses remain open.
Article continues after ad
– Princess/Clergy intersection will close for approximately one week starting Feb. 14. Crews are installing a temp. sewer bypass in connection with the reconstruction of Princess.
EVENT ROAD CLOSURES
– Market Street will be closed from King to Ontario from 8 a.m. to 10 p.m. on Feb. 10, 11, 17, 18, 19, 24 and 25 for FebFest activities.
CONSTRUCTION ROAD DELAYS
Expect delays on:
– Front Road between Days Road and Sand Bay Lane will be reduced to one lane eastbound and motorists should expect delays until the end of February to accommodate Utilities Kingston site-servicing work. Delays will continue on Front Road between INVISTA’s east entrance and Trailhead Place until May to allow crews to finalize bridge work.
– Taylor Kidd Boulevard from Bayridge to Old Colony – expect eastbound lane closures until the end of May to allow for watermain construction by Utilities Kingston.
– Princess Street from Clergy to Division. Pedestrians may be required to detour through construction zones.
– Barrie Street from Queen to Brock. Pedestrians may be required to detour through construction zones.
Motorists and cyclists can keep up with where/when repair work is taking place by: