Below is a list of road construction projects and events expected to have an impact on traffic flow next week in Kingston:
See the entire 2015-18 infrastructure program at CityofKingston.ca/construction.
Kingston Transit riders: find the up-to-date list of all detours/service alerts at CityofKingston.ca/busdetours.
MINISTRY OF TRANSPORTATION
For updates on Highway 401 construction visit the Ministry of Transportation’s website at roadinfo.mto.gov.on.ca or call 5-1-1.
Expect delays up to 20 minutes and nightly lane closures (7 p.m. to 6 a.m.) due to construction Jan. 6 to 12:
– Highway 401 Eastbound from west of Montreal Street to east of Highway 15.
– Highway 401 Westbound from east of Highway 15 to west of Highway 15.
Article continues after ad
Motorists may encounter nightly eastbound off-ramp and westbound on-ramp closures at Highway 15.
CONSTRUCTION ROAD CLOSURES
– Princess Street will be closed between Clergy and Barrie streets from Tuesday, Jan. 9 until mid-May as the street is reconstructed from building-front-to-building-front. Intersections remain open. Construction will then move up Princess Street toward Division. Princess Street will reopen to through traffic on July 1. Businesses remain open!
– Nelson Street will be closed from Princess to 30 metres south from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Monday, Jan. 8 and Tuesday, Jan. 9 to accommodate a concrete pump truck. Please note that Nelson Street will re-open to traffic in the evening.
CONSTRUCTION ROAD DELAYS
– Front Road (east and westbound) between Days Road and Sand Bay Lane (Front Road Bridge) – expect lane reductions starting Monday, Jan. 8 until the end of February to allow Utilities Kingston site-servicing work.
Motorists and cyclists can keep up with where/when repair work is taking place by: