RELEASE — Unleash your dog for a play date at Tomlinson Aqua Park. The City of Kingston is holding its second-annual Summer’s End Doggie Dip on Tuesday, Sept. 18.
“This program was such a hit with the pups and their owners last year, we had to bring it back another year,” says Lynda Breen, supervisor, recreation programs. “The program gives owners a chance to have some fun with their dogs at the pool before we wrap things up for the season.”
There will be two Doggie Dip times at Tomlinson Aqua Park, 303 York St.
- Dogs 31 pounds or more swim from 5 to 5:45 p.m.
- Dogs under 30 pounds swim from 6 to 6:45 p.m.
- Early registration is $8 per pooch, or $13 on the day of the event (space permitting). Online registration at CityofKingston.ca/eCity.
Please be prepared to meet the requirements and follow these rules aimed at keeping all participants happy and safe:
Article continues after ad
- Only people-and-dog-friendly dogs are permitted.
- There’s a two dog per person limit – and also a two-person per dog limit.
- Children under 13 are not permitted to this event and all human participants must sign a waiver.
- You need to provide proof your pet is licensed and vaccinated for rabies and bordatella.
- Dogs must enter through the patio-gate entrance and are not permitted in the change rooms.
- You must have a leash with you and you are responsible for supervising your dog in and out of the water.
- You may wade into the water up to your waist, but you may not swim with the dogs.
Remember to pack dog waste bags, sunscreen and a water bottle, too.
Tell your friends they can find information on the Doggie Dip at CityofKingston.ca/FeatureEvents.