Below is a list of road construction projects and events expected to have an impact on traffic flow next week in Kingston:
Is construction coming to a street near you? See the entire 2015-18 infrastructure program at CityofKingston.ca/construction.
Kingston Transit riders: find the up-to-date list of all detours/service alerts at CityofKingston.ca/busdetours.
Follow us @CityofKingston for weather response updates. And visit CityofKingston.ca/Snow for safety tips and snow plowing priorities.
MINISTRY OF TRANSPORTATION
For updates on Highway 401 construction visit the Ministry of Transportation’s website at roadinfo.mto.gov.on.ca or call 5-1-1. However, MTO has advised there will be no ramp closures along the 401 in Kingston until January 8.
OTHER ROAD CLOSURES:
– The Tragically Hip Way will be closed from Ontario to King and King will be closed from Barrack to Place d’Armes on Dec. 31 from 4 to 10 p.m. for the K-Town Countdown New Year’s Eve celebrations.
Article continues after ad
– Nelson Street will be closed from Princess St Southerly to 30 metres southerly from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Tuesday Jan. 2 and Wednesday Jan. 3 for a concrete pump truck. Please note that Nelson St will be re-opened to traffic in the evening.
– John Counter Blvd will be open to four lanes to just east of Indian. Crews will return in the spring to place surface asphalt and complete finishing touches.
– Front Road will open to four lanes at the bridge today. Single lane closures will be necessary in the new year to complete the finishing touches on this project.
– The eastbound lanes of Bath Road will be fully open between Collins Bay Road and Coverdale Drive. Crews will return early in the spring to complete shoreline restoration work.
Motorists and cyclists can keep up with where/when repair work is taking place by: