Below is a list of road construction projects and events expected to have an impact on traffic flow next week in Kingston:
Is construction coming to a street near you? See the entire 2015-18 infrastructure program at CityofKingston.ca/construction.
Kingston Transit riders: find the up-to-date list of all detours/service alerts at CityofKingston.ca/busdetours.
LA SALLE CAUSEWAY LANE CLOSURE – SEE UPDATE
Public Services and Procurement Canada has advised of nightly lane closures for the La Salle Causeway bridge from 9:30 p.m. to 6 a.m., week nights until Dec. 21. Traffic will have access in both directions but will be controlled by flagman or temporary traffic signals. Pedestrians and cyclists will be escorted across the bridge.
UPDATE: Public works has also advised of daytime lane closures for the La Salle Causeway from December 18 to 21 from 9:30 a.m. to 3 p.m. each day. This is in addition to the nightly lane closures mentioned above. Traffic will have access in both directions but traffic will be controlled by flagman or temporary traffic signals. Pedestrians and cyclists will be escorted across the bridge.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding these lane closures please contact
Public Services and Procurement Canada [ email ]
MINISTRY OF TRANSPORTATION
For updates on Highway 401 construction visit the Ministry of Transportation’s website or call 5-1-1. However, MTO has advised of the following 401 closures in the vicinity of Highway 15 next week:
Article continues after ad
– Dec. 18 to 22: alternating nightly closure between 7 p.m. and 5 a.m., westbound and eastbound on and off ramps at Hwy 15 and Hwy 401
– Dec. 18 to 22: alternating nightly closure between 7 p.m. and 6 a.m., westbound on ramp (coming from the south) at Hwy 401 and Division alternating with eastbound on ramp at Hwy 401 and Sir John A. Macdonald Blvd. Please note these ramps closures will alternate and not be closed at the same time.
– Dec. 18 to 22: lane reductions along Hwy. 15 near Hwy 401 between 7 p.m. and 7 a.m.
CONSTRUCTION ROAD DELAYS
Motorists and cyclists should expect delays on these roadways due to road construction and bridge construction:
– John Counter Blvd from Sir John A. Macdonald to Portsmouth until the end of year while crews complete the road widening.
– Front Road from east entrance of INVISTA to Trailhead Place until end of year while crews reconstruct the bridge.
– Centennial Drive from Resource to Crossfield – lane reductions due to Utilities Kingston sanitary-sewer work until the end of construction season.
– Taylor-Kidd Boulevard from Bayridge to Old Colony until the end of construction season to allow Utilities Kingston to construct a new watermain.
– Division Street, between Queen and Colborne on Saturday, Dec. 16. Utilities Kingston crews are transferring underground cables.
– Bath Road eastbound between Collins Bay Road and Coverdale Drive until late December while crews complete shoreline restoration work.
– Lincoln Drive between Bailey Gate and Pimlico Place until late December while crews reconstruct the sidewalk.
– Both sides of Division Street between William to Brock – pedestrians are required to walk on a granular path.
– Lincoln Drive between Bailey Gate and Pimlico Place
Motorists and cyclists can keep up with where/when repair work is taking place by: