Below is a list of road construction projects and events expected to have an impact on traffic flow next week in Kingston:
Is construction coming to a street near you? See the entire 2015-18 infrastructure program at CityofKingston.ca/construction.
Kingston Transit riders: find the up-to-date list of all detours/service alerts at CityofKingston.ca/busdetours.
LA SALLE CAUSEWAY CLOSURE
Public Services and Procurement Canada has advised of nightly lane closures for the La Salle Causeway bridge from 9:30 p.m. to 6 a.m., week nights until Dec. 21. Traffic will have access in both directions but will be controlled by flagman or temporary traffic signals. Pedestrians and cyclists will be escorted across the bridge. See the complete schedule at this Canada.ca page.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding these lane closures please contact
Public Services and Procurement Canada [ email ]
MINISTRY OF TRANSPORTATION
For updates on Highway 401 construction visit the Ministry of Transportation’s website at <http://www.roadinfo.mto.gov.on.ca> or call 5-1-1. However, MTO has advised of the following 401 closures in the vicinity of Highway 15 next week:
– Dec. 4 to 8: alternating nightly closure between 7 p.m. and 5 a.m., westbound and eastbound off and off ramps at Hwy 15 and Hwy 401
– Dec. 4 to 8: alternating nightly closure between 7 p.m. and 6 a.m., westbound on ramp (coming from the south) at Hwy 401 and Division alternating with eastbound on ramp at Hwy 401 and Sir John A. Macdonald Blvd. Please note these ramps closures will alternate and not be closed at the same time.
– Dec. 4 to 8: lane reductions along Hwy. 15 near Hwy 401 between 7 p.m. and 7 a.m.
CONSTRUCTION ROAD DELAYS
Article continues after ad
Motorists and cyclists should expect delays on these roadways due to road construction and bridge construction:
– John Counter Blvd from Sir John A. Macdonald to Portsmouth until the end of year while crews complete the road widening.
– Front Road from east entrance of INVISTA to Trailhead Place until end of year while crews reconstruct the bridge.
– Princess Street (westbound) from Sir John A. Macdonald to Concession – lane reductions to allow for Utilities Kingston watermain work until the end of construction season.
– Centennial Drive from Resource to Crossfield – lane reductions due to Utilities Kingston sanitary-sewer work until the end of construction season.
– Expect eastbound lane closures and traffic delays on Taylor Kidd Boulevard between Bayridge and Old Colony until the end of construction season to allow for new watermain construction by Utilities Kingston.
– The intersection at Progress Avenue and Taylor-Kidd Boulevard will be closed Dec. 6-8 for watermain installation by Utilities Kingston. Detour to Gardiners Road or Development Drive.
– Bath Road eastbound between Collins Bay Road and Coverdale Drive until mid-December while crews complete shoreline restoration work.
– Brock Street at Division until early December while crews reconstruct the underground infrastructure.
– Both sides of Division Street between William to Brock – pedestrians are required to walk on a granular path.
– Weller Avenue from Trillium Court to Division Place
The lower level of the Robert Bruce Garage located at Bagot Street and Montreal Street is partially closed to accommodate localized repairs to the south west stairwell. This work requires the reduction of 26 parking spaces in the west end of the lower level of the garage. It is anticipated this work will be completed on Monday, December 4.
Motorists and cyclists can keep up with where/when repair work is taking place by: