Below is a list of road construction projects and events expected to have an impact on traffic flow next week in Kingston:
Is construction coming to a street near you? See the entire 2015-18 infrastructure program at CityofKingston.ca/construction.
Kingston Transit riders: find the up-to-date list of all detours/service alerts at CityofKingston.ca/busdetours.
MINISTRY OF TRANSPORTATION
For updates on Highway 401 construction visit the Ministry of Transportation’s website at roadinfo.mto.gov.on.ca or call 5-1-1. However, MTO has advised of the following 401 closures in the vicinity of Highway 15 next week:
– Nov. 13 to Nov. 17: alternating nightly closure between 7 p.m. and 5 a.m., westbound and eastbound off and off ramps at Hwy 15 and Hwy 401
– Nov. 13 to Nov. 17: alternating nightly closure between 7 p.m. and 6 a.m., westbound on ramp (coming from the south) at Hwy 401 and Division alternating with eastbound on ramp at Hwy 401 and Sir John A. Macdonald Blvd. Please note these ramps closures will alternate and not be closed at the same time.
– Nov. 13 to Nov. 17: lane reductions along Hwy 15 near Hwy 401 between 7 p.m. and 7 a.m.
CONSTRUCTION ROAD CLOSURES
– Division Street will be closed from Johnson to Brock until late November.
– Centennial Drive will be closed between Cataraqui Woods Drive and Venture Drive for three days between Nov. 13-17 to accommodate sanitary-sewer work by Utilities Kingston.
– Access to Taylor-Kidd Boulevard from Milford Drive will be closed for two days between Nov.16-21 to accommodate new watermain construction by Utilities Kingston. Detour to Pembridge Crescent.
OTHER ROAD CLOSURES:
– King Street will be closed from The Tragically Hip Way to Place d’Armes on November 14 for the Elton John Show, includes roadway and sidewalk for safety and security.
CONSTRUCTION ROAD DELAYS
Motorists and cyclists should expect delays on these roadways due to road construction and bridge construction:
Article continues after ad
– Sir John A. Macdonald Boulevard – a soundbound lane will be closed just north of King St. West from 7:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Sunday, Nov. 12 to accommodate work by Utilities Kingston.
– Johnson Street at Division until mid-November while crews reconstruct the underground infrastructure.
– John Counter Blvd from Sir John A. Macdonald to Portsmouth until the end of year while crews complete the road widening.
– Front Road from east entrance of INVISTA to Trailhead Place until end of year while crews reconstruct the bridge.
– Princess Street (westbound) from Sir John A. Macdonald to Concession – lane reductions to allow for Utilities Kingston watermain work until the end of construction season.
– Centennial Drive from Resource to Crossfield – lane reductions due to Utilities Kingston sanitary-sewer work until the end of construction season.
– Weller Avenue from Trillium Court to Division Place until late November while crews install a new sidewalk
– Expect eastbound lane closures and traffic delays on Taylor Kidd Boulevard between Bayridge and Old Colony until December to allow for new watermain construction by Utilities Kingston.
– Bath Road eastbound between Collins Bay Road and Coverdale Drive beginning Nov. 16 until mid-December while crews complete shoreline restoration work.
Cold-patch is used to fill cracks and potholes. But some roads require more substantial asphalt repairs that will last up to five years. Over the next two months, contractors for the City will be repairing the following roads:
– Gardiners Road from Highway 401 to Bath Road
– Both sides of Division Street between William to Brock – pedestrians are required to walk on a granular path.
– Weller Avenue from Trillium Court to Division Place
Motorists and cyclists can keep up with where/when repair work is taking place by: