Below is a list of road construction projects and events expected to have an impact on traffic flow this week.
Is construction coming to a street near you? See the entire 2015-18 infrastructure program at CityofKingston.ca/construction.
Kingston Transit riders: find the up-to-date list of all detours/service alerts at CityofKingston.ca/busdetours.
For updates on Highway 401 construction visit the Ministry of Transportation’s website at roadinfo.mto.gov.on.ca or call 5-1-1.
However, MTO has advised of the following 401 ramp closure next week:
– Aug. 7 to 11: alternating nightly closure between 7 p.m. and 5 a.m., westbound on ramp and eastbound off ramp at Hwy 401 and Hwy 15
– Aug. 7 to 11: alternating nightly closure between 7 p.m. and 6 a.m., westbound on ramp (coming from the south) at Hwy 401 and Division and eastbound on ramp at Hwy 401 and Sir John A. Macdonald Blvd. Please note these ramps will never be closed the same night.
– Aug. to 11: Lane reductions along Hwy 15 near Hwy 401 between 7 p.m. and 7 a.m.
– May 24 to Dec. 15: day and night closure, eastbound right lane and right shoulder deviation
– May 24 to Dec. 15: day and night closure, westbound right shoulder deviation
– Division Street will be closed from Union to Clergy until mid-August for reconstruction.
– Division Street will be closed from Clergy to Earl until mid-August.
– Division Street will be closed from Earl to William starting Tuesday, August 8 to early September. Related sidewalk disruption: the sidewalk at Division east side of Earl closed – pedestrian use west side.
– Clergy Street from Barrie to Division will have access only on Barrie while crews complete work on Division until mid-August.
– Contractors for Queen’s University are constructing an addition to Botterell Hall along the George Street side. Parking has been removed from the northern portion of George Street along the length of the building to facilitate this work. A full southbound driving lane will remain subject to three full road closure’s later in the project in each of month August, September and October for up to three days. Closure notices will be issued closer to the confirmed dates.
Sounds of Sydenham
– The Downtown Kingston! Sounds of Sydenham and other programming will close half of Sydenham Street beginning at Princess Street northerly toward Queen each Saturday this summer between 9 a.m. and 4 p.m. including, Aug. 5, 12 and 26 and Sept. 5.
Motorists and cyclists should expect delays on these roadways due to road construction and bridge construction:
– John Counter Boulevard until late September while crews complete the road widening.
– Ontario Street from William to Johnson until early August while crews reconstruct the sidewalks.
– Front Road from east entrance of INVISTA to Trailhead Place until end of year while crews reconstruct the bridge.
– The Abby Dawn Road is open but water remains on each side. It is restricted to a single lane in the centre of the road. Drivers must yield to oncoming traffic.
– The pedestrian walkway behind 33 Ontario St. has been closed due to high water levels.