Is construction coming to a street near you? See the entire 2015-18 infrastructure program at CityofKingston.ca/construction.
Kingston Transit riders: find the up-to-date list of all detours/service alerts at CityofKingston.ca/busdetours.
For updates on Highway 401 construction visit the Ministry of Transportation’s website at <http://www.roadinfo.mto.gov.on.ca> or call 5-1-1.
However, MTO has advised of the following 401 closures in the vicinity of Highway 15 next week:
– July 14: alternating daily closures between 6 a.m. and 7 p.m., eastbound and westbound right shoulder
– May 24 to Dec. 15: day and night closure, eastbound right lane and right shoulder deviation
– May 24 to Dec. 15: day and night closure, westbound right shoulder deviation
PARKS CANADA TO REOPEN KINGSTON MILLS ROAD NEXT WEEK
Parks Canada expects to re-open Kingston Mills Road the afternoon of Monday, July 17 (weather-dependent).
— Make It Home YGK (@YGKTraffic) July 17, 2017
– Division Street will be closed from Union to Clergy until mid-July for reconstruction.
– Division Street will be closed from Clergy to Earl until Aug. 2.
– Clergy Street between Division and Barrie can be accessed only from Barrie while crews complete work on Division until mid-August.
– Contractors for Queen’s University are constructing an addition to Botterell Hall along the George Street side. Parking has been removed from the northern portion of George Street along the length of the building to facilitate this work. A full southbound driving lane will remain subject to three full road closures later in the project in each of August, September and October for up to three days. Closure notices will be issued closer to the confirmed dates.
– The Downtown Kingston! Sounds of Sydenham and other programming will close half of Sydenham Street from Princess Street north toward Queen each Saturday this summer between 9 a.m. and 4 p.m. including: July 15, 22 and 29, Aug. 5, 12 and 26 and Sept. 5.
OTHER ROAD CLOSURES
Abbey Dawn Road, near Highway 2, will be closed until further notice due to flooding.
Motorists and cyclists should expect construction-related delays on these roadways:
– John Counter Boulevard from Sir John A. Macdonald to Portsmouth until late September while crews complete the road widening.
– Bayridge Drive from Hudson to Lincoln until late July while crews construct new sidewalk.
– Patrick Street from Russell to Joseph until the end of July while crews reconstruct the sidewalk.
– Ontario Street from William to Johnson until early August while crews reconstruct the sidewalks.
– Green left turn arrows are now flashing at intersections across the City to draw more attention and improve efficiency at the intersection. Left turn arrows are programmed on an intersection-by-intersection basis to ensure the intersection optimizes all traffic movement.