Is construction coming to a street near you? See the entire 2015-18 infrastructure program at CityofKingston.ca/construction.
Kingston Transit riders: find the up-to-date list of all detours/service alerts at CityofKingston.ca/busdetours.
For updates on Highway 401 construction visit the Ministry of Transportation’s website at <http://www.roadinfo.mto.gov.on.ca> or call 5-1-1.
However, MTO has advised of the following 401 closures in the vicinity of Highway 15 next week:
– June 19 to 23: alternating nightly closure between 7 p.m. and 6 a.m., westbound on ramp and eastbound off ramp at Hwy 401 and Hwy 15
– June 19 to 23: alternating nightly closure between 7 p.m. and 6 a.m., westbound on ramp at Hwy 401 and Division and the eastbound on ramp at Hwy 401 and Sir John A. Macdonald Blvd. Please note these ramps will never be closed the same night.
– May 24 to Dec. 15: day and night closure, eastbound right lane and right shoulder deviation
– May 24 to Dec. 15: day and night closure, westbound right shoulder deviation
– The fixed bridge and swing bridge on Kingston Mills Road is closed until late June 2017 to allow Parks Canada to replace the fixed bridge, rehabilitate the swing bridge and repair damage caused by high water flows. For more information visit this government webpage. Want community updates on this project? Email RideauCanal.firstname.lastname@example.org.
– Division Street will be closed from Union to Clergy beginning until the end of June for reconstruction.
– Clergy Street from Barrie to Division will have access only on Barrie while crews complete work on Division until mid-July
OTHER ROAD CLOSURES
– Abbey Dawn Road, near Highway 2, will be closed until further notice due to flooding.
Article continues after ad
– Ontario Street will be closed from Market to Brock on Wednesday, June 21 from 9 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. for the Aboriginal Day celebrations.
– King St. will be closed from The Tragically Hip Way to Place D’Armes on Wednesday, June 21 and Thursday, June 22 for the Shopify Party.
– Downtown Kingston’s Sounds of Sydenham and other programming will close half of Sydenham Street beginning at Princess Street northerly toward Queen each Saturday this summer between 9 a.m. and 4 p.m.
– Saturday, June 24
– Saturday, July 1
– Saturday, July 8
– Saturday, July 15
– Saturday, July 22
– Saturday, July 29
– Saturday, August 5
– Saturday, August 12
– Saturday, August 19
– Saturday, August 26
– Saturday, September 5
Motorists and cyclists should expect delays on these roadways due to road construction and bridge construction:
– John Counter Boulevard until late September while crews complete the road widening.
– Bayridge Drive from Taylor Kidd to Lincoln until the end of June while crews construct new sidewalk.
– Bagot Street from Princess to Brock until early July while crews complete improvements to the Downtown Transfer Point
– Brock Street from King to Montreal until early July while crews complete improvements to the Downtown Transfer Point
– Front Road is down to one lane in each direction due to high water levels. Although the water is no longer on the road surface, the underlying granulars, which provide the necessary structural support for the road, remain saturated. Staff will continue to monitor the water levels and adjust lane restrictions when conditions improve. Work on the bridge cannot move forward until water levels have receded.
– Expect delays at Bath Road and Portsmouth Avenue Monday to Wednesday as crews complete natural gas work. The right turning lane from northbound Portsmouth to eastbound Bath will be impacted. One eastbound lane may also be impacted for short durations during off-peak hours.
– Green left turn arrows are now flashing at intersections across the City to draw more attention and improve efficiency at the intersection. Left turn arrows are programmed on an intersection by intersection basis to ensure the intersection optimizes all traffic movement.