Please see below for a list of road construction projects and events expected to have an impact on traffic flow this week.
Is construction coming to a street near you? See the entire 2015-18 infrastructure program at CityofKingston.ca/construction.
Kingston Transit riders: find the up-to-date list of all detours/service alerts at CityofKingston.ca/busdetours.
For updates on Highway 401 construction visit the Ministry of Transportation’s website at roadinfo.mto.gov.on.ca or call 5-1-1.
However, MTO has advised of the following 401 ramp closure next week:
– May 15, westbound on ramp at Division Street closed between 7 p.m. and 6 a.m. (rain date: May 16)
– May 15 and 16, eastbound off ramp at Hwy 15 will be closed between 7 p.m. and 6 a.m.
– Additional east bound off ramp and west bound on ramp closures will also be taking place throughout the rest of the week, timing not yet finalized.
CONSTRUCTION ROAD CLOSURES
– The fixed bridge and swing bridge on Kingston Mills Road is closed until mid-May 2017 to allow Parks Canada to replace the fixed bridge and rehabilitate the swing bridge. Want community updates on this project? Email RideauCanal.email@example.com.
– Division Street will be closed from Union to Clergy beginning Monday, May 15 until late June for reconstruction.
OTHER ROAD CLOSURES
– Expect lane closures and lane reductions on Division Street (from Concession to Princess) and Chatham Street into June. Utilities Kingston crews will conduct pole line work on behalf of Kingston Hydro.
– MacCauley Street will be closed from Daly St. to the end of road until 5 p.m. on Friday, May 26 5:00 for a water service connection.
Motorists and cyclists should expect delays on these roadways due to road construction and bridge construction:
- John Counter Blvd until late September while crews complete the road widening.
- Front Road until late August while crews complete replacement of the bridge.
- Division Street from Union to Earl until late May while crews prepare this area for construction.
- Princess Street from Midland to Bayridge until late May while crews complete crack sealing.
- Princess Street from Portsmouth to Taylor Kidd. until late May while crews complete crack sealing.
- Taylor Kidd Blvd from Bayridge to Collins Bay Road until late May while crews complete crack sealing.
- Division Street from John Counter to Fraser until late May while crews complete crack sealing.
- John Counter Blvd. from Division to Montreal until late May while crews complete crack sealing.
- Battersea from McAdoo’s Lane to Unity until late May while crews complete crack sealing.
- Bayridge Drive from Taylor Kidd Blvd to Lincoln until late May while crews construct new sidewalk.
- During the week of May 15, expect a lane reduction at King Street West and Country Club Drive. Utilities Kingston crews are completing water line work.