Please see below for a list of road construction projects and events expected to have an impact on traffic flow this week.
Is construction coming to a street near you? See the entire 2015-18 infrastructure program at CityofKingston.ca/construction.
Kingston Transit riders: find the up-to-date list of all detours/service alerts at CityofKingston.ca/busdetours.
For updates on Highway 401 construction visit the Ministry of Transportation’s website at roadinfo.mto.gov.on.ca or call 5-1-1.
CONSTRUCTION ROAD CLOSURES
– The fixed bridge and swing bridge on Kingston Mills Road is closed until mid-May 2017 to allow Parks Canada to replace the fixed bridge and rehabilitate the swing bridge. Want community updates on this project? Email RideauCanal.firstname.lastname@example.org.
– Hickson Avenue (at Hagerman Street) and Montreal Street (at the intersection of Rideau and Railway Streets) will be closed on Thursday May 11. Crews for Utilities Kingston will restore the road after the completion North End Outlet Trunk Sewer relining.
Article continues after ad
– Expect lane closures and lane reductions on Division Street (from Concession to Princess) and Chatham Street into June. Utilities Kingston crews will conduct pole line work on behalf of Kingston Hydro.
OTHER ROAD CLOSURES
– MacCauley Street will be closed from Daly St. to the end of road until 5 p.m. on Friday, May 26 5:00 for a water service connection.
– Market Street also will be closed between Ontario and King from Thursday, May 11 from 8 a.m. to Saturday, May 13 to 8 a.m. for the stage set-up, concert and tear down.
– King Street will be closed from Clarence to Brock and Brock Street from Ontario to King on Friday, May 12 from 6 to 11 p.m. for the Sam Roberts Band Concert in the Square.
Motorists and cyclists should expect delays on these roadways due to road construction and bridge construction:
– John Counter Blvd until late September while crews complete the road widening.
– Front Road until late August while crews complete replacement of the bridge.
– Division Street from Union to Earl until late May while crews prepare this area for construction.