Please see below for a list of road construction projects and events expected to have an impact on traffic flow next week.
Is construction coming to a street near you? See the entire 2015-18 infrastructure program at CityofKingston.ca/construction.
Kingston Transit riders: find the up-to-date list of all detours/service alerts at CityofKingston.ca/busdetours.
For updates on Highway 401 construction visit the Ministry of Transportation’s website at roadinfo.mto.gov.on.ca or call 5-1-1.
Construction Road Closures
Article continues after ad
The fixed bridge and swing bridge on Kingston Mills Road is closed until mid-May 2017 to allow Parks Canada to replace the fixed bridge and rehabilitate the swing bridge.
Want community updates on this project? Email RideauCanal.email@example.com.
Other Road Closures
The following streets will be closed on Sunday, April 9 between 8:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. for the Vimy Ridge 100th Anniversary Parade
- Ontario Street from Brock to Johnson
- Clarence Street from Ontario to King
- Market Street from King to Ontario
- Construction Delays
Motorists and cyclists should expect delays on these roadways due to construction and bridge maintenance:
- John Counter Blvd for the month of April while crews add the second of four layers of rock to the embankment at the rail line.
- Front Road until late August while crews complete repairs to the bridge.