Can you save one event for the end of the summer to help send kids in foster care to college and university?
Family and Children’s Services of Frontenac, Lennox and Addington invites you to come to Swing For Success – its annual charity golf tournament, Friday Sept. 8, 2017 at Loyalist Country Club:
It’s more than just another golf tournament. It’s all about promise.
We’re trying to raise the money we need to send kids in our foster care system to college and university. They have faced many challenges…much more than their peers. But that’s not why you should help. They are more than the challenges they have faced. They have so much promise. They could be almost anything and do almost anything, if they only had the right opportunity. That’s what Swing For Success will give them.
These youth are not strangers. They are part of our community. Our Agency takes care of them on behalf of people just like you. We’re all responsible for their well-being. And like any good parent we all want to give them the tools they need to succeed. That’s the promise we’ve made them. Swing For Success is the way our community can live up to our responsibility to these kids.
They can’t make it without your help
We conducted our first ever survey of bursary applicants in May, 2017. We asked them if they agreed with these statements.
- Education is the key to my future – 85% agree
- I never dreamed I’d be able to go – 42% agree
- Even with the government assistance I receive paying for college and university is a challenge – 85% agree
- These bursaries make me feel like someone cares about my success – 100% agree
Here’s the comments they gave us about what bursaries mean to them.
- “I would tell the donors that I am tremendously grateful for their support towards my future. They make dreams achievable and goals reachable.“
- “Words cannot express how much all the support I have received from Family and Children’s services. I feel that I am cared for and that someone is watching out for me.“
- “We face challenges, but with the help of bursaries we can better adapt.“
Here’s how you can help.
- Play Golf. Play yourself or enter a team. Includes lunch, dinner, the auction, prizes and a great day of golf at Loyalist Country Club.
- Come for the Dinner & Auction. Don’t play golf? Come for dinner and to take part in our charity auction.
- Be a Sponsor. Help us by being a sponsor. We have options for every budget.
- Make a Donation. Go online right now to make a donation to our bursary fund.
Find out more
Just go to the Swing For Success website.
Swing For Success, sponsored by Southeastern Telecommunications.
Photo: Wikimedia Commons
Release source: Family and Children’s Services of Frontenac, Lennox and Addington