Please see below for a list of road construction projects and events expected to have an impact on traffic flow next week.
Is construction coming to a street near you? See the entire 2015-18 infrastructure program at CityofKingston.ca/construction.
For updates on Highway 401 construction visit the Ministry of Transportation’s website at roadinfo.mto.gov.on.ca or call 5-1-1.
Kingston Transit riders: find the up-to-date list of all detours/service alerts at CityofKingston.ca/busdetours.
The Hanson Garage is now open. Ongoing work will reduce some parking availability.
There are two Pedestrian Crossovers in Kingston: King Street in front of Kingston General Hospital and on Rideau Street at Rideaucrest Home. Motorist must stop for pedestrians crossing at these locations. Learn more at: CityofKingston.ca/Crossovers.
CONSTRUCTION ROAD CLOSURES
– The fixed bridge and swing bridge on Kingston Mills Road is closed until mid-May 2017 to allow Parks Canada to replace the fixed bridge and rehabilitate the swing bridge. Want community updates on this project? Email RideauCanal.firstname.lastname@example.org.
OTHER EVENT ROAD CLOSURES
– King Street will be closed from the Tragically Hip Way to Place D’Armes on beginning Saturday, Dec. 3 to Tuesday, Dec. 13 for the Cirque du Soleil.
– King Street will be closed from the Tragically Hip Way to Place D’Armes on Saturday, Nov. 26 for the FMX World Tour.
Motorists and cyclists should expect delays on these roadways:
– Sydenham Street from Princess St. to Queen Street will be closed until late November.
– Division St. from Main to Raglan on Sunday, Dec. 4 from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. to remove large tree from 296 Division St.
– Wellington St. from Princess to the entrance to the parking lot on Wednesday, Nov. 30 from 7 a.m. to 1 p.m. to set up a concrete pump truck to pour the basement slab
ROAD RECONSTRUCTION PROJECTS
Work to reconstruct the following roadways is underway:
– Sydenham Street between Queen and Princess
– Clergy Street between Queen and Princess