Please see below for a list of road construction projects and events expected to have an impact on traffic flow next week.
Kingston Transit riders: find the up-to-date list of all detours/service alerts at CityofKingston.ca/busdetours.
Is construction coming to a street near you? See the entire 2015-18 infrastructure program at CityofKingston.ca/construction.
For updates on Highway 401 construction visit the Ministry of Transportation’s website at roadinfo.mto.gov.on.ca or call 5-1-1.
The Hanson Parking Garage will close Monday, Oct. 17 for approximately four weeks for repairs. Alternate parking may be available nearby at the Robert Bruce Garage on Bagot Street at Brock Street, the Chown Parking Garage further west on Brock Street and surface lots north of Princess Street.
RECONSTRUCTION OF SIDE STREETS OFF PRINCESS
– Sydenham Street will be closed from Princess to Queen until late October.
– Clergy Street will be closed from Princess to Queen until late October.
– RELATED SIDEWALK SERVICE DISRUPTIONS: Sidewalks have been removed on Sydenham and Clergy streets between Princess and Queen. Temporary rubber-matted walkways have been installed.
Downtown businesses remain open and accessible during this project. For updates see CityofKingston.ca/Princess.
OTHER CONSTRUCTION ROAD CLOSURES
– Wellington Street between Princess and Brock on Thursday, Oct. 20 from 7 a.m. to 2 p.m. for the development at 165 Wellington Street. The side walk on the west side of the street will remain open.
– The fixed bridge and swing bridge on Kingston Mills Road is closed until mid-May 2017 to allow Parks Canada to replace the fixed bridge and rehabilitate the swing bridge. Want community updates on this project? Email RideauCanal.email@example.com.
Motorists and cyclists should expect delays on these roadways:
– Sir John A. Macdonald Boulevard and Bath Road next week as crews for Utilities Kingston replace gas mains. Alternating lane closures will be in effect. We suggest you find an alternate route. For more information, visit Utilities Kingston’s Gas Main Replacement Project page.
– Sir John A. Macdonald Boulevard and Union Street next week as Utilities Kingston crews complete water valve work. *** No left turn onto Union as you’re headed south on Sir John A. Macdonald.
– Division Street (southbound lane) from Johnson to William will be closed beginning Tuesday, Oct. 11 for approximately three to four weeks.
– Sydenham Street from Brock to Johnson until early November while crews reconstruct a retaining wall and sidewalk.
– Queen Street between Barrie and Bagot beginning Thursday, Oct. 20 until Tuesday, Oct. 25 while crews repave at several intersections.
– Various location: crews will be doing annual bridge maintenance and cleaning the weeks of Oct. 17 and Oct. 24
On the following streets over the next few months as Utilities Kingston crews reline aging water pipes(for more information on this project go to UtilitiesKingston.com/Projects/Detail/WatermainReliningProgram):
– Old Hillview Road from Hillview Road south to the end
– Roosevelt Drive from Vista to Knightbridge
– Bernice Drive from Roosevelt to Carrie (south intersection)
– Carrie Crescent from Bernice (north intersection) to Renda
– Hathaway Terrace from Roosevelt south to the cul-de-sac
– Sunny Acres Road from Front to Point
– Point Crescent from Sunny Acres to Keyes
ROAD RECONSTRUCTION PROJECTS
Work to reconstruct the following roadways is underway:
– Princess Street between Bagot and Clergy
– Montreal Street between Queen and Brock
– Sydenham Street between Queen and Princess
– Clergy Street between Queen and Princess
– Sydenham Street between Brock and Johnson.