The Ontario government has announced it is investing $1.3 billion on 123 projects to rebuild and restore highways across the province, including a number of roadways in the Kingston area.
In a release, the government stated these projects will create jobs for Ontario’s construction industry and help keep provincial highways safe and reliable.
$195 million is being invested in thirty highway projects in Eastern Ontario, including regional highways such as:
- The Thousand Island Parkway,
- Coronation Blvd. to Collins Creek Bridge in Kingston,
- culvert work from County Rd. 41 to Beechwood Rd. in Napanee,
- Kaladar to the Lennox & Addington County boundary
- Joyceville Rd. near Kingston to Rd. 32 at Gananoque,
- and investing in Howe Island’s ferry terminal shoreline protection.
You can find a full list of highway projects at this Ontario.ca page.