Members of the public is being given the opportunity to submit feedback related to the retail sale of cannabis in Kingston.
A brief survey created by the City of Kingston can be found online at GetInvolved.CityofKingston.ca and must be completed by 4pm on Wednesday, December 12.
Provincial regulations that will be put in place by the province to allow for cannabis to be sold at licensed retail outlets in Ontario beginning in April 2019 include:
- Establish minimum allowable distance of 150m between cannabis retail stores and schools.
- Restrict those 19 and younger from entering a store where cannabis is sold.
- Require all private recreational cannabis retail storefronts to be stand-alone stores.
- Require all those working in a cannabis retail story to complete approved training.
- The results of the survey will be included in a report to Council in January 2019.
The City notes that municipalities have until January 22, 2019 to decide if they want to be part of the provincial framework for selling cannabis in retail stores, although they can change that decision at a later date.
For more information, visit: CityofKingston.ca/Cannabis