Dog owners have been invited to sign up their dogs to come and enjoy the Summer’s End Doggie Dip at the Outdoor Aqua Park, 303 York Street.
“Unleash your dog to run, swim and play in and around our outdoor pool,” said Erica McPherson, supervisor, aquatics for the City of Kingston. “The Doggie Dip is a great way for dog owners to mark the end of summer.”
Two Doggie Dip times have been scheduled for Tuesday, September 17 in the park: dogs that are 31 pounds or more can sign-in at 4:30pm to swim from 5pm to 5:45pm, and dogs under 30 pounds can swim from 6pm to 6:45 pm with sign-in time of 5:30pm.
Owners can register in advance to reserve a spot and save $5. Advanced registration is $8 per dog while same-day registration, if a space is available, will cost $13.
Online and phone registration is not available. You must register in-person at Artillery Park Aquatic Centre, 382 Bagot St., INVISTA Centre, 1350 Gardiners Rd., or Rideau Heights Community Centre and Library, 85 MacCauley St.
A City of Kingston PLAY account and proof of your dog’s licence and vaccination records for rabies and bordatella are required at the time of registration.
The City reminded participants about the following rules to ensure everyone stays happy and safe:
- Only people-and-dog-friendly dogs are permitted.
- There’s a two-dog-per-person limit – and also a two-person-per-dog limit.
- Children under 13 are not permitted to this event and all human participants must sign a waiver.
- Dogs must enter through the patio gate entrance and are not permitted in the change rooms.
- You must have a leash with you and be responsible for supervising your dog in and out of the water.
- You may wade into the water up to your waist, but you may not swim with the dogs.
- Remember to pack dog waste bags, sunscreen and a water bottle, too!