On Thursday August 28th, Kingston’s Latino cooks, best food trucks and sweetest desserts converge at the 2nd Annual Loving Spoonful Food Fiesta.
Featured at the event will be Farm Girl Food, Mission Street North and Two Nuts in a Truck; many fabulous local Latino cooks and sweet treats from Cards Bakery, Pan Chancho, Mio Gelato, Sweet Days Bakery and Wolfe Island Bakery.
Live music will be performed by the popular Kingston band, Ianspotting.
The Loving Spoonful Food Fiesta is a celebration of food and community, a conversation about food security and healthy food access, and a fundraising event for Loving Spoonful – an organization dedicated to enhancing access to fresh, healthy food.
Loving Spoonful‘s programs include:
- Food reclamation: reclaiming food from restaurants, caters, bakeries and farms to deliver the excess food directly to over 20 shelters and meal programs who feed those in need.
- Grow A Row: engaging gardeners, workplaces and farmers to grow extra for donation
- Preserve Reserves: Preserving donated produce during the harvest to provide access to fresh and healthy food throughout the year
- Community Kitchen programs: Building food skills through cooking workshops that familiarize people with how to make delicious meals from healthy ingredients
- The GROW project: Working in Kingston primary schools to build knowledge around food and community
- Community Gardens Network: Providing support to Kingston’s community gardens
The August 28th event will take place between 4pm and 8pm at the Lake Ontario Park Pavilion and all ages are welcome.
Image source: Loving Spoonful