Streets Alive, happening at CFB Kingston on Saturday September 9, is set to bring the city together to celebrate active living.
This will be the first year Streets Alive is part of Kingston’s Personnel Support Programs’ Garrison Family Fun Fest taking place the weekend of September 9 to 10.
“We’re thrilled to bring our celebration of active living to Garrison Family Fun Fest,” said Nancy Ruel – supervisor, special events & marketing for the City of Kingston – in a city release.
Between 11 am and 4 pm at CFB Kingston’s 11 Navy Way the public can watch and try out a variety of active ways to have fun and get around:
Article continues after ad
- BMX Big Air Stunt Show performed by the Krusher Stunt Team: Twenty minutes of extreme stunts, backflips, 360 turns and tail whips. Demo Times: 1:30 p.m. and 3:15 p.m.
- The Kingston Aeros Trampoline Club: Learn about the sport of trampoline and test your skills with coaches from Kingston Aeros Trampoline Club.
- Taoist Tai Chi Demos: Help the spirit return to stillness, clarity and wisdom, and the body to a balanced, relaxed and healthy state with Taoist Tai Chi. Demo Times: 11:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
- Segway of Ontario: Try out a Segway through a pylon course.
- Cycle Kingston: Learn about cycling safety with the Bicycle Safety Rodeo and receive free bike safety checks. A few bikes will be provided for the rodeo or bring your own!
The event will also include fireworks beginning at 8:30 pm that can be enjoyed from the Streets Alive side as well at Doug Fluhrer Park and the nearby waterfront paths.
Weather-related updates will be posted to the City’s Twitter account.