The seventh annual Great Canadian Cheese Festival, the biggest artisan cheese show in Canada, takes place June 3-4, 2017, at Picton Fairgrounds in the heart of Prince Edward County.
Tickets to enjoy the award-winning artisan and farmstead cheese – along with specialty foods, wine, beer and cider – are now on sale at CheeseFestival.ca/tickets.
Over 5,000 cheese lovers are expected to sample and purchase around 200 different cheeses made by artisan producers from the Atlantic to the Pacific, with approximately 500 foods and beverages on offer.
About 130 booths have been reserved by cheesemakers, specialty food producers, small-batch wineries, craft breweries and cideries, and other exhibitors and vendors
With so many exhibits to enjoy, visitors may want to make a weekend out of it so featured accommodations in Prince Edward County, Belleville and Kingston have been collected at cheesefestival.ca/where-to-stay.
The Festival’s main attraction, the Artisan Cheese & Fine Food Fair, is open Saturday and Sunday between 11 am until 4 pm.
Families are welcome and kids 15 and younger are free when accompanied by an adult. There is special pricing for groups of 10 or more, and the fairground is set to have two entrances to enable fast and convenient access for visitors.
Cheese Festival attractions:
* Express access to more than 130 exhibitors and vendors
* More than 500 foods and beverages for sampling and purchase
* Chance to meet Canada’s outstanding cheesemakers face-to-face, including many from Québec
* Local VQA wines and cider available for purchase by bottle or case (19+)
* Dairy Farm, with animals and displays, including the sweetest water buffalo you’ll ever meet
* Food Court, featuring J.K. Fries and poutine from Jamie Kennedy Kitchens
* Plus ample FREE parking.
Cheese Festival ticket options:
* Super Saturday (June 3) features 500+ artisan cheeses, specialty foods and adult beverages plus extras such as Cheese Seminars, a Festival tote bag for your purchases, a Festival souvenir glass for sampling wine, beer and cider (19+), live music and attractions listed above. Price $50 plus tax.
* Super Saver Sunday (June 4) features 500+ artisan cheeses, specialty foods and adult beverages and attractions listed above for only $25 plus tax. Cheese Seminars, a Festival tote bag for your purchases, a Festival souvenir glass for sampling wine, beer and cider (19+), and live music are not included but can be purchased separately.
Tickets can be ordered online in advance at cheesefestival.ca/tickets or purchased at the door.
The Festival will also have special events like Gastronomy on the Farm with Jamie Kennedy, Cooking with Cheese Class, and a Quinte Cheese Tour. More information about these events can be found at CheeseFestival.ca.
The Great Canadian Cheese Festival is produced by Cheese Lover Productions with the support of Celebrate Ontario. Prince Edward County is Gold Sponsor, Bay of Quinte Region is Principal Partner and Stonemill Bakehouse is Official Bread Supplier.
Picton Fairgrounds is located in the heart of Prince Edward County, south of Belleville in Bay of Quinte Region. One hour from Kingston, two hours from Toronto, three hours from Ottawa and New York State, and less than four hours from Montreal.
Photos: Great Canadian Cheese Festival