The City reports that Snow Much Fun – a free, family fun event for all ages – will be held on Friday, December 7 from 5pm to 9pm in Springer Market Square.
The free activities include:
- Skating on Springer Market Square rink (weather permitting)
- St. George’s Cathedral choir and Bell system providing classic carols
- Interactive games and activities for the kids
- Holiday market vendors
- “Warm-Up Zone” with cozy wood-fire fire pits and Adirondack chairs
- Santa’s Workshop with fun hands-on projects sponsored by Home Depot
- Beavertails on-site with scrumptious treats [cash only]
- Toy Drive collection on site to receive donations of new, unwrapped toys
- Meet and Greets with Santa throughout the night
Scheduled events include Story Time with the Mayor at 7pm (with an ASL interpreter provided), and an acoustic Christmas concert with Kyle Dunn and Emily Bashall from 8pm to 9pm.
“Tis’ the season for festive fun! We’ve brought back favourite family activities like the holiday market and Santa’s Workshop,” said Emily Hatchette, assistant supervisor, special events, in a release. “We’re also excited to welcome local musicians Kyle Dunn and Emily Bashall who will wrap up the evening with an acoustic Christmas concert!”
More details can be found at CityofKingston.ca/FeatureEvents.
UPDATE: Check out this City of Kingston video about Snow Much Fun:
Image source: Wikipedia